03 December 2011

Little Gods.

You ate the poisoned fruit.
And now its burning a hole, its burning a hole in you.
It was sweet in your mouth but bitter in your stomach.
Now its burning a hole, its burning a hole in you.
You sewed the leaves to cover up your body,
to hide the shame of being naked.

*I'm writing in hopes that you would find the cure
to darkness thats gripping a hold in your heart.
You swear you don't but know exactly what you're doing.
You try to hide behind the old lies...
That you would find a better one.
You put all your trust in little gods.
They swore you'd find a better one,
and now you can't trust anyone.

A wall up in my mind.
Is it burning a hole, is it burning a hole in you?
I'll wash my heart in a sea of lies.
Like a stone I'll sink to the bottom.
I'll live like the blind, fumbling around in darkness.
I'll close my eyes and live in mourning.
*
They swore you'd find, but you've gone blind.
They swore you'd find, but you've gone blind.
The darkness binds and now you're blind.
They swore you'd find, but you've gone blind.

No comments: